Monday, August 25, 2008

checking up on bites

Joshua had his 15 month check up today, one week after the surgeries. He is a normally little boy. Near the middle of the growth charts and growing at the same and normal pace as he has been. He is 31 inches tall & 23.8 pounds. A chunky monkey but just under the 50th percentile for his weight & just over on his height. Speaking of being a monkey, he climbs on just about anything if he can. He barely cried today at the doctor's office, but he didn't like the shot lady at all, but was still nice enough to her to wave and say bye-bye....always a flirt. Off to school he went where he actually ate all the food's that they offered. He had gone on a eating strike, barely eating anything in the last 10 days. It was becoming annoying given that he has always been such a good eater. At the house, the newly installed cabinet locks in the kitchen are working out great. He now plays with his FridgeDJ more often in the kitchen. Tonight he scored some awesome new shoes...they feature Lightening McQueen with lights....our first pair of shoes with lights.


Joshua has been doing well at his new school. He did bite one of his classmates last week. He had another kid's shoes and the kid came to get their shoe, Joshua bit the kid. Not good. Then this past weekend. He had something at my sister's house that he wasn't supposed to have, when my niece reached in to get it from him, he bit her. Not good. I was talking to him about no biting and he plain-as-day said bite and bit his arm. So he knows what bite means, now to convince him that he doesn't need to bite. He is working on getting more teeth again and this may have something to do with it, but I think it is more just a phase. We are going to try some new punishments for the biting. (Everyone has an opinion. :)

Our trip is just 5 weeks away. I can't wait. I feel like we are ready to go just waiting for the clock to tick by. I want to pack, but I know it is to early. In the meantime, there are many other things to do. Labor Day weekend is planning a whole lot nothing. Maybe some crafty stuff with my sister & a trip to the outlet mall. The next weekend is my mother's wedding. The next weekend is the garage sale. The next weekend is packing weekend. And the next weekend we leave!!!

I have really enjoyed planning this trip. I haven't been on a vacation like this since high school....it at least 14 years. It is going to be a lot of fun.

We tried out a new restaurant tonight...The Wooden Nickel...it was pretty tasty. My baked chicken was good, as were the mashed potatoes, green beans & cream corn. I hadn't had cream-style corn in a long time.

1 comment:

Our little miracle cubs said...

Please give your Mom my best wishes for her wedding next weekend! :)Heather