Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chop Chop....Kung Fu Fighting

Well, the Just Between Friends consignment sale in Fort Worth has come and gone. We sold quite a few things. We have been planning a garage sale for this past weekend for over a month, but hurricane Ike rained out those plans. So we are trying again this weekend. We will have quite a variety of things to sell at our garage sale....furniture, baby things and general junk. (We may even have a car to sell!...we'll see.) We should get a check from our consignment sale in the next week or so.

Joshua is still doing well. He has really really really started climbing anything. It was just the standard couch, fireplace hearth & coffee tables. Now he has added the rocking chair, the kitchen chairs & trashcans to his list. He is also getting better on the step off the front porch. He still waits for someone to be next to him but he will try to do it himself rather than get a hand. He is learning to do pat-a-cake. And he is really getting good at repeating things back to us, or at least trying. The tubes in his ears have really helped.

Sunday turned out to be a great day here. The weather could not have been more perfect. When my mom came to visit, we took Joshua outside to play in the yard with a ball. It turned into two balls & every stick he could find. He had a grand old time. We even brought Chanci out and he chased her around the yard as best he could calling her name. She, I think, forgot he was there. She was so happy to be outside after having limited times outside on Saturday because of the rain. And Joshua kept his cap on outside the whole time. I was so proud. Ten minutes a day of working with the hat on has paid off!


We also took him on Monday night, Sept 15 to get his first haircut. We took him to Cool Cuts for Kids. He got to sit in a fire truck while the lady cut his hair. It was more of a trim up than anything. And I didn't cry. He did really good for his first hair cut...no tears from him either.

My new job is going well. It is a whole lot of unknown before to me stuff to learn. I did miss two days last week as Joshua was sickly. One day I kept him home and the next day the daycare refused to take him. With no insurance right now because my last insurance company has been slow to send me necessary paperwork, we had to pay out of pocket to take him to the doctor & for his prescriptions. So, $200+ later, he is feeling better but does still have a cough.

We leave for vacation in 1 1/2 weeks. I can't wait. It seems like we have been planning forever.
Ahhh yes....my mother did get married. There are pictures on my flickr (you will have to go beyond Joshua's haircut pictures). Overall it went great. My mother is now Silly Nilly Willy...meaning that her three names make a funny rhyme.

Oh yea.....I locked my husband out of the house again by accident. This time, he busted the front door in. Lovely. Now I feel that our front door has a weak spot. Oh well, we will look into replacing in the future.

Now...that is about it for now.

No comments: