Thursday, May 7, 2009

happy

Tuesday night, Jeff & I had a date night. Our first in probably two years. It was great. We did dinner and a movie. We seen X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was a really cool movie. I am not a big action movie person, nor have I seen any of the other X-Men movies. Afterwards, Jeff headed to work. Thanks to Jeromy & Mandy for the dinner & movie gift cards from Christmas.

Tonight, the 60 Mile Mamas hosted a wine tasting at Tivoli's in Colleyville. It was awesome. I have never been to a wine tasting so it was a very new experience for me. Overall it went great. Our last fundraiser didn't, so we were all glad that this one did. We will be doing another wine tasting at Tivoli's in October.

Jeff and I think we have decided on what to get Joshua for his birthday. This birthday has been a difficult one for us. It seems he is too big for most things, but not big enough for others. And honestly, if a toy gets bad reviews, I won't buy it. I am considering scrapping my cake idea and going for an easier one. I always swore that my kids would not get birthday parties, I never did growing up. It was always something small at home with just my parents, brother and sister. And I almost hate to make this party thing a yearly habit, it just gets bigger and more expensive to do parties as he gets older. I am not saying that I don't want to celebrate his birthday or that I don't want to give him a birthday cake. I don't know, we will have to see how the years go.

I am finally getting around to posting the video I promised on Sunday. Joshua finally learned to peddle his tricycle. After much practice, and I am again so very proud of him. It was more backwards than forwards, but that is normal.

Potty training has been going great. He seems to really be getting the idea of using the potty. I just need to be better about it. I put a pull-up on him last night and he went potty in it. He seemed upset because he had messed it up. I tried to tell him that it is okay and we could fix it. Finally that argument stopped and we got it all taken care of. He is still so proud of making the potty sing and I still feel like he is really only going in the potty to get to flush the toilet.

No comments: