Wednesday, April 8, 2009

three years today

Well, it has been a quick couple of days. Monday night, Jeff and I went out for an early anniversary dinner. We had planned to do this Sunday, but the Fence Raising Party kinda got in the way of that. We went to Red Lobster...I had won my choice of gift cards at work and I picked the Red Lobster one because Jeff likes to go there, but I don't really. We had a good dinner.

I should back up to Saturday. Joshua and I were out most of the day. But that evening, Joshua nearly made me cry. We were playing in the living room...our couch has recliners at both ends. He has learned that he can climb up on the reclined portion and walk his way up to the lap of whoever is sitting there. We had been playing this "fun" game for about 4 or 5 minutes when he climbed up into my lap and sat down. He grabbed my cheeks to look me in the face and said, "love you Mama" and then gave me the biggest hug I have ever gotten. I didn't cry...if I had, he would have thought he had done something wrong. It was one of the sweetest moments in his nearly two years. So fast forward to tonight.....................in the bathtub. He has two "bukets" as he calls them. He loves pouring the water from one to the other. I love using the larger "buket" to rinse him off...hair included. He has gotten in the last month to where he doesn't like this part of the bath. Quick and easy...that it what I always tell him. So tonight, I seized my opportunity and grabbed the larger "buket" and dumped it over his head. He gave me the meanest face I have ever seen on him and reached down with the smaller "buket" filling it with water and threw the water all over me. I was good and wet. And all I could do was laugh. It had happened so fast. It was funny...like "I'll show you, Mommy".

Tuesday night, was uneventful. I went grocery shopping with my sister for the food for Arkansas this weekend. I am excited about this trip. Joshua is really getting big and adventurous outside. The other day he laid down on the sidewalk to say "hi" to an ant that was walking along. It was very cute and I kicked myself for not having the camera in my hand. If only I had a way to permanently attach the camera to my hand then I know I wouldn't miss things like this. I think that was Saturday morning when he said hi to that ant.

So today, is mine and Jeff's 3rd wedding anniversary. Three years married and 6 years together this summer. Six years....that is a long time. Time has flown by. And though we have our issues, I do love him more than just about anything else. He makes me laugh even when I don't want to. He doesn't always help around the house, but when he does, he does an awesome job...especially in the kitchen. He hates doing yard work, but does it anyway. And he takes good care of me and Joshua. So, Happy 3rd Anniversary Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I really am the luckiest guy in the world. I love you too!

Mandy said...

AAAAWWWW!!!! Congrats on three years you guys! You both are a fantastic couple and WONDERFUL parents. We love you both and wish you many fun filled years to come! :)