Friday, March 27, 2009

it's the weekend...finally

Tuesday...seems uneventful....dinner out, I just don't remember where. Jeff went to work. Blah, blah, blah.

Wednesday...dinner with Mom, David and Steph's crew. Work went like work does. Blah, blah, blah.

Thursday...had a meeting in Plano in the evening after work. It was a business opportunity and it was a good meeting. More to come on this in the coming weeks. Didn't get home until nearly 10pm. My mother had surgery Thursday morning to have her gall bladder taken out. She is doing fine recovering at home for the next three weeks.

Friday...work was a typical Friday at work. I got kudos in a meeting for my work on the refunds. I don't like being singled out for recognition and felt uncomfortable as people above me went on about how well I was doing....and I could tell me teammates didn't really care. No one talks to me anyway....and I really don't care.

Tonight my sister picked Joshua up from school. I went to her house after work for dinner. Once dinner was all over and it was time to go home, things got interesting. You see.....I got Joshua in his seat in the truck. He was all buckled in and I locked his door as usual...I don't want anyone to steal him out of the truck. I had thrown the keys on the dash like I always do. I was talking to my sister about how cold it was and I closed Joshua's door. As the door is shutting I realize that I have just locked my keys and my son in my truck and it is flippin' 30 something degrees outside. I panicked....meaning that tears started flowing. My sister thought I was joking and then went inside to get my brother-in-law, Brandon. Brandon has had other opportunities to break into my truck and has never succeeded. My truck is locked down good. I remembered that Jeff was headed to Dallas so I called him and he had just pulled into the Averitt yard in Grand Prairie. He also thought I was joking, he talked to my sister who confirmed that I wasn't. He dropped his truck and trailer and jumped in the car to head to my sister's. He has a key to my truck. I have an extra key but it was also locked in the truck...in my purse. Maybe 30-40 minutes total Joshua was locked in the truck. I was panicked the entire time. I know I gained at least 80 more gray hairs during this time period. Joshua is fine...my sister and I kept talking to him through the window. He stayed comfy in the truck away from the whippin' cold wind. Thanks to my husband....my hero....my Jeffy. At least I am not as bad a mother as this stupid woman or this idiot girl/woman.

Nothing majorly fun planned for the weekend...except to get Joshua some new shoes. The ones he has must hurt his feet as I hear a lot of "oww mama" when I put them on him. And he pulls them off every chance he gets. At least the weekend is here!

No comments: