Wednesday, March 18, 2009

two more days down, one more to go

Yesterday was a busy day at work. This is my fourth week to work refunds. I am really enjoying it. Tuesday night was busy. I had to work late to get a project finished. I didn't get home until like 7:15 and Jeff was working on dinner. We had an appointment at 8:30 that night and my brother, Jeromy, and sister-in-law, Mandy, showed up around 8 to keep Joshua. I didn't get home until close to 9:30 and got Joshua in bed...he suckers Aunt "Mani" into letting him stay up. (She is a sucker for him.) Jeromy & Mandy left before 10, I think. I messed around the house and hit the sack before 11.

I think I have many shows in the DVR to catch up on. I missed Dancing with the Stars & The Biggest Loser this week. And I know that I didn't record The Biggest Loser. Oh well...I will get all caught up some day soon.

Tuesday morning I also went for my pre-op and registration at the hospital for my surgery on Friday. Blood work, EKG & a chest x-ray. When the lady was taking my blood she had found a really good vein but wasn't pulling anything out of it. She would re-position the needle and still nothing. She kept feeling it and said she was in the vein but still nothing was coming out. She apologized many times and then had to stick me the vein I told her to use the first time. It was no big deal. Needles don't bother me....I can't watch them stick me, but can watch the blood flow out or a liquid flow in, like a shot. The EKG was fine and the chest x-ray must have been fine because I haven't heard anything on that. I go in Friday morning at 9 and go back for my surgery at 11. I will be so glad when it is all done.

Today, was more refunds at work. My brain is exhausted by the end of my work day. Then I get to Joshua's school to pick him up and on his daily paper it has a note..."Sat in time out today for biting". What??? It has been a long while since he last bit. There was no accident report and they said his teacher must still have it and they will get it in the morning. The note goes on to say, "He was really fussy today. He has a bad rash on his butt." I think he is fussy because he is getting molars. He keeps grabbing at his mouth saying - owee, owee, owee. Could be a reason for biting too. His poor bottom....his fair skin....he can't seem to catch a break. All it takes it 30 seconds too long in a dirty diaper and his gets a horrible diaper rash. HORRIBLE!!! I was hoping to let him soak in the bath tonight, but we didn't get home until nearly 11pm. Way past his bed time. He was half asleep, so I just got him some jammy bottoms and put him to bed in his shirt he wore all day. No just works out that way.

Tonight after dinner with my sister, we went for our three mile walk. It was a walk moderate night....the first. I think we actually averaged worse tonight on time than we did our first two nights of walking. Mostly my fault. We all kept stopping to stretch. My leg muscles haven't seen this much workout in a few years...if not longer...probably not since 2002-2003. Oh my...that was a long time ago. In 2002, I gave up red meat and started walking every night. I lost almost 60 pounds that year. It was a good healthy year for me.....then I met Jeff...and now look at me. (Just teasing honey!-love you!!) I need to work on the right stretches before we start walking....and not just stretch for 60 seconds and go walking. I am satisfied with my progress so far. I think I am doing good for living such a sedentary life.

I am needing to get to work early tomorrow since I am missing Friday. So I really need to get to bed.

No comments: