Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another day with a doctor's visit

This morning we took Joshua to the doctor at 8:30. It was a good thing he woke up at 7:30 because I didn't have an alarm set. The doctor didn't see pneumonia on the x-ray but said that we would have to wait for the radiologist to read the x-ray. Since Joshua was still running a fever and his lymph nodes are still swollen and he was very fussy and very fever-y at the doctor, he gave him another shot of antibiotics. And then told us that we need to bring in back in tomorrow for another check out because the antibiotics will only last 24 hours. And hopefully the scan will be back tomorrow. Today was appointment number 4 (5 if you count the x-ray). At 35 bucks a pop that brings us too.....$140 spent on doctors appointments since Tuesday. And they still don't seem to be 100% sure what is causing the fevers and diarrhea.

After the exciting (not!) doctor's appointment, my sister and I headed off to Fort Worth to attend a Get Started meeting for the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk in November. We will be signed up by the end of the month. The meeting provided a lot of information. There were women of all sorts there. Some who were survivors, child or parent of someone with breast cancer, friends of people that had breast cancer and some like me were just there wanting to make a difference. It sounds like it will be an awesome experience.....or as Joshua would say....awsumm.

We came home from that grabbed a quick lunch and headed over to the Fort Worth Stockshow & Rodeo. We went in and see the horses. Took a picture with some and watched some others. We walked through the exhibit hall and checked out the goods. And sure enough, there was a guy there hawking the Sham-wows! I told my nephew that I bet the guy from the commercial was there and he didn't think he would be. And he was right, but there was a guy there who gave the exact same show.

The rodeo was pretty good. Tomorrow is the last day and some of the folks competing would be going home after tonight and some would get to try again tomorrow for some big money. We skipped the midway completely, which I am a little bummed about. I wanted to get some shots of Joshua at a couple of places to compare his size from last year to this year.

Joshua is still fussy and still running a temp. Sounds like another long day for tomorrow. Hopefully it will include some much needed rest.

No comments: