Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Mono??

Joshua stayed at home with Jeff today. I told Jeff that Joshua would probably be up between 7:30 & 8:30 if left to his own. At 10:00 Jeff went into Joshua's room to wake him up. Joshua stayed awake for about an hour and a half. By 11:30, Joshua was asleep on the couch. He slept until about 4:30 and woke up hungry. Jeff found every snack he could for Joshua who just kept requesting "more". The good news is that Joshua has not ran a fever since late last night. The bad news is that the blood culture came back today and was negative for mono. What? Two doctor's seemed 99% certain that he had mono. But the test is 100% sure he doesn't. He will probably be making an appearance at the doctor's office tomorrow or Wednesday. I am a bit nervous because if it wasn't mono they were saying meningitis. My exhausted self is having a hard time comprehending all of this. My son doesn't have mono? How can that be? He is everything that mono should be. My frustration has mounted. My top will soon blow if he doesn't get better. My work has agreed to let me be off Wed-Fri. Jeff will go back to work tomorrow night (hopefully).

I am heading to bed, cause I just can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring :)

No comments: