Monday, February 23, 2009

monday monkey

Today, was just another Monday. Joshua was in a good mood this morning. He went right on into his classroom this morning, no fussing. He even carried his own blanket and the toy he brought home Friday in himself. He waved good-bye and went about playing...I felt so wanted. Work was just work. I have gotten nearly all of the documentation they have had me working on done. So much so that this afternoon I had to work on other things. When I got back to Joshua's school to pick him up, he was standing at the front door and got all excited when he seen me coming...see, I knew I was wanted. Joshua has been in a good mood tonight, full of energy and very playful. He has started this thing where he pretends to start crying just to see if we will respond in his favor. We are on to his little game and normally call him on it, which leads to a pouty lip. A pouty lip that says, dangit.

Joshua is really starting to string words together for sentences. I really like the three word sentences, but am happy to get two word sentences. A cute phrase he is saying a lot right now is "I coming". Meaning that he is on his way. And he is all about hide and seek/peek-a-boo type games right now. He loves to hide things and ask "where go?" only to reveal that he hid the item under his legs...in the blanket....under the monkey....behind his back...or where ever else is handy. He has been stringing words together for a while, but lately I have noticed that he is doing it more and more and coming up with phrases on his on...like "I coming".

Tonight, Jeff and I worked some more on the bathroom. Another day and it should be completely done. We realized today that we still need shower hooks, we are probably going to just get a basic clear set for now. We have to find some fishy ones. The border paper went up tonight. Jeromy & Mandy stopped by to see Joshua. Jeromy got suckered into helping with the paper...mainly because I was too short for the job.

Also tonight, Joshua officially climbed all the way up the changing table. ALL-THE-WAY....

So now....we really need to make a decision about what to do about this situation. I get really close to him during the video, because he made me nervous and I moved closer. I didn't really zoom out in my trying to get closer. He tried again later, but did not succeed in making it to the top. At the end of the video he asked to "git down". Thankfully for mommy's nerves, he hasn't figured out how to get down, but I am sure it is coming soon. Not good, not good at all.

No comments: